My Photo
Name:

Learning to live with "50" has given me some different insights than being in my 40's, so this seems like a logical place to share them! I have 2 beautiful girls and a "shared son". On any given day, there are many, many kids running around my house and I love each and every one of them! I'm a firm believer that housework is unhealthy. My last several attempts at "deep cleaning" have resulted in bodily injuries and sinus infections that I am sure were caused by the improper use of caustic cleaning products.(Is there a class where you can learn this stuff????) So, in an attempt to keep grandmas updated and everybody in the loop, I'll endeavor to be more prompt in my postings. 'Not sure what I'm doing with the technology, but I'm pretty sure that I'll be able to get some help from my kids should I falter ... Enjoy!

Friday, June 09, 2006

What a week!

Wow! What a week! Meetings, doctor's appointments, luncheons, meetings, deadlines, meetings .... did I mention there were many meetings?

Robin is getting ready for basketball camp at UGA. We'll be taking her on Sunday for 3 full days of "elite personal training". She's looking forward to it, but with a bit of jittery optimism. She's never been away like this, so even 3 days is going to be tough on the two of us.

Cori will probably begin work at the Grayson House next week. Mr. Steve is going to help her learn the ropes and Ms. Dot, who owns the Grayson House, needs more help than even Cori can supply. She's running a couple of folks short, so it looks like I may also have to get in and learn about chopping veggies and waiting tables. Cori is very excited about getting a chance to work in "food" and this is such an awesome opportunity. Sounds like an adventure!

Yesterday was "crazy" day as in the middle of my meetings, I took some time out to take care of the ticket I received in April. As I was pulling out of the church after Wednesday evening service, a woman who only had one headlight (which was very dim), came speeding around the curve. Never seeing her, I pulled out in the Maxima and she hit the front panel and spun us around. No one was hurt badly, except the driver of the other car who apparently sprained her ankle. She was charged with improper control and no headlights and I was charged with failure to yield right of way and charged with the accident. In Walton County, that costs $159. So, off to the Courthouse - with the wrong directions. Spent 30 minutes and came across the Courthouse by accident, so naturally, I asked the lady behind the desk, the best way to get back to 78. And I SWEAR ... I did exactly as she said. Never saw 78, never saw anything that remotely resembled anything that was familiar! After about 30 minutes of "lost" and the gas gauge showing empty (I had not prepared for adventures of this type) I called Steve with the "If I never return, I was last seen somewhere between Monroe and Bishop. Wherever that is." Steve's phone was answered by David who wisely advised me to call his dad. But wait, I'm a big girl, I should be able to find my home ... Ya think? Finally, calling Ken, I was so hopelessly lost I couldn't even give landmarks for reference other than "a house with a truck in front". Pretty land, lots of land and live stock, but not where I wanted to be on a Thursday afternoon. And have I told you that I've done this kind of "exploring" before ... but usually with a full tank of gas so as not to be in full panic mode! Eventually I came to a station in Bostwick in which a young man from a middle Eastern country was very pleased to tell me where I was and gave very good directions back to Monroe. How come HE knew where Bostwick was and I didn't?

But what was amazing was that I never really FELT lost because I had my cell phone. How weird is that??? What did we do for phone support before that? Many thanks to Bros. Ken, David and Steve for checking on me throughout my trek through Walton and probably Morgan and Oconee Counties. I was lost but felt the love!

Although I had planned an evening with the family last night, I was "guilted" into what is probably my last ABWA meeting - especially as secretary. Sat next to a couple of really great women that I haven't had a chance to get to know because of all the craziness that I usually endure as an executive officer, so may have to rethink the quitting thing ... maybe I just need to take a month or two away from all of the craziness. It is summer vacation!

So .... let's see what today's adventures will bring!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home