Where has the time gone????
We prepare our kids - and I know there are many bad things out there nowadays for them to get into - but I didn't seem to prepare myself for this day. 'Not really sure why I'm taking it so hard except that I feel that I need to slow down and enjoy each moment of my children's lives as much as I can. I give daily thanks for the many blessings I have in Cori and Robin, but I'm now thinking that thanks are not enough!
Cori was very ill with me when she came out to the car and I had my camera with me. She did NOT want me taking photos of her first day outside the Grayson House in front of the sign like I had planned. phhhttt. So here's a photo of her "in uniform" outside our house.

But with hot summer days comes the occasional blustery storm, so Barb and Cody and I rode out the storm ... where else ... at the Grayson House. Cody was nice enough to reconnaissance and sneak a few photos. Here's Cori at one of the stations.

And here's a couple of her shining silver. Who would have thought shining silver would bring me to tears?


I'm so proud.
And on a completely different note ... but not with any photos ... We got the results of Robin's Gateway Examination in the mail this week. In Gwinnett County, the kids are hit with a whole battery of standardized tests and the Gateway is administered at several points throughout their schooling. The 4th Grade Gateway is considered quite the benchmark for knowing the AKS and the children must pass it before going to 5th grade - or go to summer school if they do not do well. We are proud that Robin not only passed, but she exceed the knowledge required to go to 5th grade. She was so nervous taking this test back in the Spring because of its importance, but generally speaking, if a child is doing well in school, there is not problem with the Gateway.
We always knew she was a smart cookie!
Again, I'm so proud!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home