My Photo
Name:

Learning to live with "50" has given me some different insights than being in my 40's, so this seems like a logical place to share them! I have 2 beautiful girls and a "shared son". On any given day, there are many, many kids running around my house and I love each and every one of them! I'm a firm believer that housework is unhealthy. My last several attempts at "deep cleaning" have resulted in bodily injuries and sinus infections that I am sure were caused by the improper use of caustic cleaning products.(Is there a class where you can learn this stuff????) So, in an attempt to keep grandmas updated and everybody in the loop, I'll endeavor to be more prompt in my postings. 'Not sure what I'm doing with the technology, but I'm pretty sure that I'll be able to get some help from my kids should I falter ... Enjoy!

Thursday, August 31, 2006

A Day Off

Also known as - Life with Kids ...

After more than a week of full days and late nights of production and putting out an unprecedented 2 papers and 1 Real Estate Guide in 10 days, the old gal just shut down. Yesterday I was a walking zombie after working until 5 a.m. - and let me go on record here as saying that the Gazette would NOT have made it out the door at 5 a.m. if David Still hadn't been on hand Tuesday afternoon to help with the Photoshop work involved in this project - Bleary eyed all day and emotionally tender from the physical exhaustion - I just don't recover as quickly as I used to during my Disco Diva days! Oh, I still got my 2nd wind around midnight when I was so exhausted I could have slept around 9 p.m., and was clear minded until I sat down on the couch to await the alarms going off so I could get the girls to school. Slept right through them all, but everybody made it out the door in a timely fashion despite my lack of participation!

This morning I woke up feeling even worse - with one of those summer head colds - lovely.

Got the girls to school and napped on the couch until around noon.

But as many of you may or may not know, when looking to re-energize myself, after spending just a bit of self-indulgent nap time, I surround myself with kids. Thank Goodness all of my friends have many kids and don't mind handing them off for a few hours! Princess Robin ate a bad taco right before P.E. today, so I had to retreive her from Cooper around 1:30, so at least I had that one with me for the afternoon and didn't have to borrow a Still or anything. The Woodard twins rode the bus to our house this afternoon, I picked up Chrisie from the bus and Robin's friend Elizabeth spent a few hours here as well, so it was definitely Girly Girl Central around here! Silliness ensued and I feel like a new -old-woman. Still tired, but definitely more clear-minded.

What is it about kids that can make us feel loved, wanted, tired and tried, crazy and fulfilled - and I guess - ALIVE!

So yes ... you'll often see photos here or references to my "posse" or passel of kids - the Bacons, the Woodards, the Stills, our neighbors with Katie, Corey, Lindsey and Jacob. My mother was much like this and still is. Nothing makes her happier than a house just full of kids to love, gripe at and coddle.

I claim Cori and Robin and David (when I can) - they're mine because God gave them to me ... the others are mine to love by choice ...

Forget the spa ... give me a dose of youthful enthusiasm, some 5th grade geography and a term paper to edit ... I'm a happy camper!

O.K. ... maybe just a few hours in the spa ...

1 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

What fun! Can I come over and join in on the fun? I love a house full of younguns too!!

Glad you are finally resting up! There is nothing worst than being so tired and sick at the same time.

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home