Deadlines are just wishful thinking ...
A couple of times each year I am absolutely over-run with projects. I love this time of year as it makes me feel productive, but it certainly wears me out! This year, having a couple of partners help with the papers has been a welcome change and David Still has been a Godsend helping with PC to Mac conversions in photoshop and even Word. During the last couple of years, we've put his nimble mind to work with the graphics, and although he's very astute, I can't see him sitting still long enough to make this a vocation!
Yesterday we began the production on B.D. Jeffries catalog. This is a beautiful boutique in Buckhead and they put out a catalog 2 times each year - for Spring/Summer and then for Fall/Holiday. By this time next week, I will be up to my eyeballs in fur and crocodile. I've done catalog production for years and no longer find it weird to do "Christmas shopping" during August and September! Once the samples come in, I'll get some photos to you guys of the product - all I have at this time is the studio photography, so I'll pull a few out so you can see what my world will be for the next couple of weeks.
Long days will be my life for the next several weeks as I put this together - along with the "normal" monthly work that must be done. This year, I do not have to squeak out the CURE Calendar, which is a labor of intense love and heartbreak, as the AFLAC folks are footing that project, but I do have a Historic Cookbook for Grayson which is about 400 pages which needs to be styled and produced.
Very Fun!
The downside is the family time. Keith brings the girls to the office with dinner several times during the weeks that this all happens and Carolyn is great to bring David up for some goofy time.
During these times, however, I realize how blessed I am to have found Shiloh and my place in God's world with the PB's. Wednesday evening study and Sunday services absolutely re-energize me and center me on the important parts of my life that I tend to put on hold when I get this frantic. And all of my Shiloh family are great to stop in and bring me love, prayers, a hug and some food (I actually forget to eat sometimes). I realize now how lost I was all those many years without them!
So - you guys comment to me, e-mail me - and if you call, don't be offended by my distraction. When I get in "creative mode" I get mucho crazy! But I definitely need my "peeps" to keep in touch with the world outside of my office!
And I'll post some of the "hottest" gifts for the holidays once I ooo! and aaaah! over them a bit!


3 Comments:
Yep, you go girl... but take the time to breathe and look around. I'll be thinking of you in the days and weeks ahead as you are enveloped in "creative mode".
Wish I had the Shiloh folks here... I could really use them right now.
Love ya!
Barb :-)
Gail:
Do you actually need help with these projects? I am desperate to work from home (hence the blog template idea). I've got photoshop and lots of programs, love working with graphics, layout, etc. Let me know!!!
Good night, woman! You are one busy gal! I am excited to see the new Christmas must-haves when you get a chance. Have fun in your busy and frantic time!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home