My Photo
Name:

Learning to live with "50" has given me some different insights than being in my 40's, so this seems like a logical place to share them! I have 2 beautiful girls and a "shared son". On any given day, there are many, many kids running around my house and I love each and every one of them! I'm a firm believer that housework is unhealthy. My last several attempts at "deep cleaning" have resulted in bodily injuries and sinus infections that I am sure were caused by the improper use of caustic cleaning products.(Is there a class where you can learn this stuff????) So, in an attempt to keep grandmas updated and everybody in the loop, I'll endeavor to be more prompt in my postings. 'Not sure what I'm doing with the technology, but I'm pretty sure that I'll be able to get some help from my kids should I falter ... Enjoy!

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

EEEK! Drivers Beware ....

Cori is on the Road!

Yesterday, Cori and Robin and I spent a long morning at the DMV in Lawrenceville. We went on the assumption that we would be "in and out in no time" according to what we'll now refer to as an unreliable source! After 4 hours of listening to a woman's computerized voice chiming out constantly "Now serving- G613 at counter number - 14" we were ready to scream! I mean, it's not like we were going to get ice cream or anything when we got there! Ready to serve ... my eye!

But like many good troopers, after an hour of squirming, we accepted that this was going to take a while and settled in to do some people watching. Some things we realized while we were there:

1) most of the folks there yesterday did NOT speak English.

2) most of the cheerleaders were more concerned with their photos than their driving exam

3) Cheerleaders moms are heard to say, "gosh, I hope its a good photo!" (maybe they'll use it in their portfolio ... ya think?)

4) Boys pretend to NOT know their mothers when they are at the DMV. In fact, they sit on the other side of the big office if at all possible.

5) You cannot play video games on the DMV computers.

6) Not a single person who works at the DMV can get an applicant through the entire operation to get a license. Each person has such high developed, specialized skills that they can only do one part of the job. (Thus we were called 4 times to different windows for different activities).

7) "That's a really dumb rule" is not a good answer.

8) Nuns can curse in Guatemalan. I'm pretty sure the nun that was there was NOT doing any sort of holy dispensation with the gentleman who was "serving" her at Window #16.

9) My oldest is smarter than she thinks she is. And my youngest is going to make me old before my time. "How come I'm the ONLY one in the family who can't have a license?" Maybe because you're ONLY 10!

10) Every learner's permit should come with some sort of prescription for a relaxant for the parents.

All that being said, we're very proud that Cori is now on the road to being on the road.

Ya'll watch out !

3 Comments:

Blogger Blogger profile name said...

Oh, boy! I've got to take Hayden in to get his learner's permit. Now I'm really looking forward to it - NOT!

9:15 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

Congratulations Cori! Your list of events from the DMV were hilarious! I'm calling you for pointers of patience when my girls start driving later in life. :)

12:58 PM  
Blogger Melissa Mae said...

Congrats Cori!! Sounds like you got a little sociology lesson while you waited and waited and waited - lucky you!

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home