My Photo
Name:

Learning to live with "50" has given me some different insights than being in my 40's, so this seems like a logical place to share them! I have 2 beautiful girls and a "shared son". On any given day, there are many, many kids running around my house and I love each and every one of them! I'm a firm believer that housework is unhealthy. My last several attempts at "deep cleaning" have resulted in bodily injuries and sinus infections that I am sure were caused by the improper use of caustic cleaning products.(Is there a class where you can learn this stuff????) So, in an attempt to keep grandmas updated and everybody in the loop, I'll endeavor to be more prompt in my postings. 'Not sure what I'm doing with the technology, but I'm pretty sure that I'll be able to get some help from my kids should I falter ... Enjoy!

Saturday, September 16, 2006

In Pursuit of the PERFECT Dress!

A girl gets up, does her hair and is having an outstanding HAIR day ... hard to waste it on hanging around the house ... Let's go shopping!

Cori has been invited to 2 Homecomings so a dress was needed. We dreaded the day ahead of us trying on the multitude of gowns and not really sure what we were looking for. "Semi Formal" can mean most anything.

We struck gold within the first 30 minutes and navy blue also ... We went to Chelsea's Closet in Snellville and most of the "gowns" were very prom/Miss Anything Pageant dresses, but a few looked promising.

Cori liked the brown or bronze gown, but honestly, she looked 25 in it so it made made nervous. Some twitty girls left the navy in the dressing room, so I "liberated" it from their pile. As soon as we zipped it up, I knew it was perfect. Cori still had her heart set on the brown, but we made her do a fashion show in the "closet" and everybody voted on the blue. Some perfect shoes later (which only cost us $7.50 and 10 minutes of shopping) we were almost ready for homecoming! We'll pursue jewelery at a later date, but yeah! We were ready for a celebratory milk shake!

Off to Chick Fil A for a Mary Helen spotting. We hid behind some balloons with our camera at the ready waiting for the perfect "surprise" opportunity. We finally spotted the elusive MH with headphones and realized she was working the drive thru. We hopped in the car and pulled around. Alas, the voice of MH was all we could get a picture of as she was working diligently on the long line of demanding customers in the drive thru. She did stop for a brief "hi" but hid when she saw the camera. Bummer. But another day there will not be so many folks waiting for her time and we'll get that photo!

All-in-all, a great shopping adventure! We came home with a homecoming dress, 3 pairs of shoes, new jewelry (not to go to homecoming in, but a good deal nonetheless) a couple of shirts and a milkshake.

Gotta love those perfect hair days.

3 Comments:

Blogger Blogger profile name said...

That really is a pretty dress. How fortunate to find one on the first try, and what a deal on the shoes!

1:24 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

Is that a wedding veil? And definitely the blue. Stunning! Absolutely beautiful! Those good hair days are absolutely the best.

7:44 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Yes, great hair days just can't be topped!!

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home