My Photo
Name:

Learning to live with "50" has given me some different insights than being in my 40's, so this seems like a logical place to share them! I have 2 beautiful girls and a "shared son". On any given day, there are many, many kids running around my house and I love each and every one of them! I'm a firm believer that housework is unhealthy. My last several attempts at "deep cleaning" have resulted in bodily injuries and sinus infections that I am sure were caused by the improper use of caustic cleaning products.(Is there a class where you can learn this stuff????) So, in an attempt to keep grandmas updated and everybody in the loop, I'll endeavor to be more prompt in my postings. 'Not sure what I'm doing with the technology, but I'm pretty sure that I'll be able to get some help from my kids should I falter ... Enjoy!

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Some of the perks!

I whine, I moan ... "deadlines ... schedules ... too many hours" yadda, yadda, yadda. But this time of the year is one of the absolute best times to be in possession of a press pass! Yes, my friends, it's Friday nights, under the lights ... High School Football!

I LOVE High School Football! In fact, when I was in high school, I became a cheerleader because those were the best seats in the house, well and because I have an incredibly loud, shrill voice. But never mind about that!

Last week, we produced a first ever full football edition of the Grayson Gazette. The Grayson Rams were very accommodating and sent us photos of the stadium that was built just over the course of the last 5 years. We set up a table at the game and handed out papers with all of the players, cheerleaders, band members and the little league version of the Rams throughout. No news. Just football. Loved it!

Best of all, I was once again on the field with the teams. Coaches in our area now recognize me after a couple of years, as do the other photo journalists on hand, and I generally stand right at about the 30 yard line, 4 inches from the hash marks to take photos. I love it all and it all comes together when the drum line comes down the walkway! It's not really football until the band plays!

I don't generally cover the Grayson teams; my beat in the fall is in Snellville so I've seen some of the best football in the state over at Bronco Stadium. Say what you will about their recruiting practices, but Brookwood football is just awesome! And South Gwinnett has a new coach with the retirement of "T" so this should be an interesting year! And maybe I'll drag my kids to a few (yeah, sure - as if!)

Can't wait until Friday night! And yeah, I've got photos, thanks to David who shoots digital while I shoot film with the telephoto. I'll post them soon!

1 Comments:

Blogger Blogger profile name said...

I loved football games and did the whole cheerleader/drill team thing, too. Hayden is doing marching band this year, so I went to my first high school football game in years a couple of weeks ago. I had never sat by the band. He would have marched at his first game tonight, but there was some problem with the other team and it was cancelled. We'll have more - I can't wait!

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home