My Photo
Name:

Learning to live with "50" has given me some different insights than being in my 40's, so this seems like a logical place to share them! I have 2 beautiful girls and a "shared son". On any given day, there are many, many kids running around my house and I love each and every one of them! I'm a firm believer that housework is unhealthy. My last several attempts at "deep cleaning" have resulted in bodily injuries and sinus infections that I am sure were caused by the improper use of caustic cleaning products.(Is there a class where you can learn this stuff????) So, in an attempt to keep grandmas updated and everybody in the loop, I'll endeavor to be more prompt in my postings. 'Not sure what I'm doing with the technology, but I'm pretty sure that I'll be able to get some help from my kids should I falter ... Enjoy!

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Ahhh ... to be 14 again ...

NOT! I'll admit, turning 50 is throwing me for a loop, but we've had several birthdays during the last month or so that made me reflect back on whether I'd want to be a teenager again. Oh, sure, easy to say "I'd do it if I could take my knowledge and wisdom with me" but I don't think that's in the rules!

Honestly, I just don't think I could be a teenager in this time; way too hard!


David had his 14th birthday in November and we had cake and fellowship at Steve's in celebration. He's so impatient to NOT be 14 ... to be 21, 25 or whatever ... that it made me really think about being that age again and what I'd do different. That's a different blog for a different day, and this blog is about David's birthday! I'll have to say, I haven't known him for all my life or even for all of his, but I do feel mine is richer for having him as a part of it now.

And here's one of him and his mom ... neither of which knew about all the "bunny ears" that popped up behind their heads at the last moment. Too funny! (It's out of focus 'cause I was laughing too hard).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home