My Photo
Name:

Learning to live with "50" has given me some different insights than being in my 40's, so this seems like a logical place to share them! I have 2 beautiful girls and a "shared son". On any given day, there are many, many kids running around my house and I love each and every one of them! I'm a firm believer that housework is unhealthy. My last several attempts at "deep cleaning" have resulted in bodily injuries and sinus infections that I am sure were caused by the improper use of caustic cleaning products.(Is there a class where you can learn this stuff????) So, in an attempt to keep grandmas updated and everybody in the loop, I'll endeavor to be more prompt in my postings. 'Not sure what I'm doing with the technology, but I'm pretty sure that I'll be able to get some help from my kids should I falter ... Enjoy!

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Rambling, rambling, ramblin ....

I think I've about hit my limit, folks. I need a vacation. I need a full night's sleep. I need, I need. It's all about me, ya know???

It's 2 a.m. and I am putting another paper up to the printer here in just a few minutes with the hopes that I can get home before Keith gets up for work and thereby get the kidlets off to school.

May I whine? Did I REALLY ask for paying jobs? Yeah. I guess I did. I have several very fun projects behind this paper so I'm looking forward to a bit of excess candy rush tomorrow then back into the office.

So, what am I working on, you ask? I knew Dawn would ask. She's intensely nosey - dang, I can't do that cross-out thing on this computer (phhhttt) - or should I say, curious, about my photoshop and design skills. I LOVE talking shop with her. It isn't often that a gal can sit down and discuss photoshop, bezier curves, fonts and shadows with somebody. But then she gets all smart on me and begins talking html and such ... geesh. I'm too old to learn those newfangled thangs!

So anyway, I'm working on a historical cookbook for the city of Grayson. Got it dumped on my desk back in August with the request to be completed by Thanksgiving ... no sweat, I thought. There I go, thinking again. Didn't I just say I was too old to start something new like that???

So ... I've got recipes out the wazoo, photos of old people when they were young, artist renderings of what the town looked like, photos of well known young man (well, well known in Grayson) at the age of 12 or 13 in hot pants (snicker) on roller skates being pulled by a goat down the parade route at Grayson Day. Seriously. Would love to post it, but I treasure my life.

But hey, there are pictures of me out there with Farrah Fawcett hair, leg warmers and big shoulder pads ... That's why I could never run for political office. I'm so sure that they would surface ... EEEK! We should all post our most embarassing photo someday just for fun ... Man. where to start?

But seriously, I think I'm going to enjoy a few good days at this cookbook and it will be complete. David has been working for several months to convert the recipes into a format that my Mac will enjoy rather than just view as code, so it should move swiftly from here on out.

Well, there goes the squeaky noise that tells me the hamsters are complete with chugging out the postscript file. Gotta get back to work ... ugh.

3 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

I wanna talk shop with you too! I am all about talking in that new found photoshop slang. I am sure that the cookbook looks outstanding. And may I add that you are quite hilarious at 2AM...thanks for the laugh today...and the visual of you being pulled my a goat.

6:54 AM  
Blogger Blogger profile name said...

I think you're onto something with that most embarrassing photo thing; I, too, had serious Farrah Fawcett hair. I think you get to do the coolest things. That cookbook sounds like so much fun! We really do need to live closer together... ::sigh::

2:58 PM  
Blogger Doris said...

Man, I'm tried thinking about anyone being up at 2AM. The cookbook sounds really cool. Have fun working on it!

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home