My Photo
Name:

Learning to live with "50" has given me some different insights than being in my 40's, so this seems like a logical place to share them! I have 2 beautiful girls and a "shared son". On any given day, there are many, many kids running around my house and I love each and every one of them! I'm a firm believer that housework is unhealthy. My last several attempts at "deep cleaning" have resulted in bodily injuries and sinus infections that I am sure were caused by the improper use of caustic cleaning products.(Is there a class where you can learn this stuff????) So, in an attempt to keep grandmas updated and everybody in the loop, I'll endeavor to be more prompt in my postings. 'Not sure what I'm doing with the technology, but I'm pretty sure that I'll be able to get some help from my kids should I falter ... Enjoy!

Sunday, December 03, 2006

One would think ...

That turning 50 could be accomplished with a bit of dignity ... yeah. One would think.

Got a few more days to go until the big 5-0 but folks are determined to make this a year I won't forget in my dotage. As if.


For a week now, I get a card everyday from my church sister and best friend Carolyn, reminding me that I'm always going to be older than her. Thanks a pant load! I'm old enough to do the math! I confess, I run out to greet the mailman each day to see what he's brought!



And with many of my high school buddies, we get together for each other's birthdays for a bit of a girlie celebration. I didn't hear from the girls this week, so assumed my party was next week, (You KNOW how I am with dates and times ....) but alas, after I ate at home (cooked on my brand new grill!) I got a call wanting to know "what time was I going to be at my own party?" Geesh. Be right there!

Broiled shrimp, pesto pasta, fresh salad, good wine and then ... chocolate peanut butter pie! Along with a whole series of signs leading into the house and all around the house for my 50! Yeah - all around the house (you big poopy ....!) It was very sweet, quite inventive and just what was needed from all my friends who have approached this age with a bit of fun, irreverancy and o.k. maybe SOME dignity and grace! Here's JB, Cindy and Mimi - we had a great time and engaged in a bit of dentistry .... hmmmm. Very weird? You bet!


Apparently, this year, Gail's birthday is more than just an annual event - it's some sort of holiday! Strangers are stopping me at Publix to wish me a happy 50 ... hmmm. Is that good, or are they just assuming that now that I'm 50 that I won't remember???? And how do they know? Because of the big cake that was decorated with vultures and such for me there???

Now ... when is that next party????

3 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

Oh, that is just classic! HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRLIE!! You don't seem 50 to me. You have some incredible friends!!

12:12 PM  
Blogger Blogger profile name said...

Did you really have vultures on your cake? HAPPY BIRTHDAY! You are having an absolute blogfest! BLOG ON!

1:51 PM  
Blogger Doris said...

Happy Birthday! You're older than me. I LOVE when I can say that and I barely can to you.

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home