I feel the need ...
Been over a month since I last indulged in a bit of bloggery! As with most folks with kids and holidays, the month has been a blur! Got photos and much to say, but here's the brief ... just the FACTS, ma'am!
Finished up my projects in early December and began packing. My "peeps" at the paper and I found some really accommodating office space just down the street and still on the "main drag" in Grayson and moved between Christmas and New Years. Mr. Harry and I spent many hours going through boxes of stuff that I don't need and I actually THREW THEM AWAY! Yes, boys and girls, the pack rat actually let go of old samples of magazines and creatively inspirational trash! From a strictly confessional stand point, the new office has a great warehouse and I bought 2 more large commercial shelving units for things that I still can't part with, but don't want to look at every day. I know ... I need an intervention.
The holidays were outstanding! Much caroling by the Choir to get us all in the mood. Shopping and wrapping ... and then shopping some more because SOMEBODY always has at least ONE MORE present than the other under the danged tree! Our tree this year was certainly one to remember as it was the tallest that we've ever had in our living room, but it certainly had a distinguishing big ole hole in it that couldn't even be hidden by turning it to the back and decorating with ribbon. But I love the lights and was very bummed to take it down on New Years.
My sister came from Birmingham, my Aunt and Uncle from Kingsport, TN, and my Cousin from the far reaches of East Point - and along with mom and Dad, my brother and his family, we had a memorable Christmas. We usually celebrate with the family on Christmas Eve so everybody can stay at home and play with "Santa stuff" on Christmas Day. This year was especially nice since we grabbed David over for our "at home" Christmas Day down time. Our Shiloh family dropped in most of the day for the different soups I made - I broke with tradition this year and didn't make the big feast on Christmas Day, and we really enjoyed it. Probably started a new tradition that requires the celebration of the "Potato Soup All Saints Feast" or something.
Getting into the new office and getting things to actually work has been a bit of a pain. Here in Grayson, the D.O.T. is tearing up Highway 20 to accommodate the 20,000 people who move here each day. It was a sleepy rural road, but is now the main thoroughfare between Lawrenceville and Loganville ... who knew that so many people would need to take this road??? Anyway, our new parking lot is really just mounds of mud and the DOT took down the communications wiring from BellSouth which connects us to the rest of the world, so we were without phones or internet (GASP!) for more than 2 weeks at the office. Needless to say, not much got done during those two weeks except the daily excursion in to see if the work had been completed between the government and the telephone nazis.
There was LOTS going on in the middle there - and I promise I'll post more once I download the million photos on my camera.


3 Comments:
I look forward to seeing your photos. :)
YAY! You've come out of hiding!! I've missed ya. Glad that you had a great Christmas/New Years/Moving the Office Day. Now get those photos off the camera and let us see the fun!
You're back! I hope you took pictures of that tree. I got stuck in the nightmare of Hwy. 20 Friday night taking Christian to the Farrins' - YIKES! The new office sounds great. I wish we were a little closer!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home