Summer ... When does school start?
Cori has been a Godsend. She's so capable at almost 17 that I'm just amazed. She's a vegetarian for now and we're trying to give her the space to expand upon that choice, but dangit, the rest of us really enjoy our cheeseburgers! But she's learned a few very interesting pasta dishes with the fresh veggies from our garden, so she seems to be getting the nutrients that she needs.
Robin, at 11, is joyfully heading towards her teenage experience! Her summer is full of friends and giggles. That's as I remember summer! She's quite the mermaid and we have a hard time keeping her out of the pool! Oh ...and did I happen to say that she has developed quite a gift for sarcasm?? Rest assured ...
Our house has been WAY to quiet for the last month. David is away at Camp Winshape and due back next Friday. We keep up with him through the daily photos they post which is always a bittersweet time of my day. Miss the heck out of that boy, but camp sure does look like fun!
Even Noah and Josiah are away at camp at this time, and seem to be having the time of their lives! Miss those knuckleheads, too!
I "volunteered" Cori, Robin, Austin and Chrisie to assist me with the efforts at the Loganville Parade. It is organized and managed by a group of private citizens and was an outstanding event. Although I didn't get to see the parade as I was directing floats and marchers to their "unstaging" areas at the end, I did have a great time before the parade handing out little flags to everybody and then afterwards when I helped with the baseball pitch in the kids area. Cori ended up face painting, Austin and Chrisie ran the "jumpy thing" and Robin assisted with the Chamber of Commerce - in her crown of course!
Yesterday we took a field trip down to Lenox. Found a $3,000 dress and decided we were very much out of our league! I think the only thing we could afford was ChickFilA! But it was fun being outraged together over the prices. We were so bummed that we were so poor, that we didn't even attempt Phipps Plaza. But we did hit the "MEGA 2-STORY TARGET" that is on the corner and felt a bit more at home.
Cori's to give me some photos to drop in at this point ... so I'll update more a bit later!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home