I'm so slack ...
Anyway ... I had to go back through photos just to remember what I've done and in doing so, realized how much blogging helps me to keep up with things.
Back in the late spring, we began having a family dinner at the home of my very good friend, Sylvia Still. She and I started walking Tribble Mill - 3 miles in only 1-1/2 hours ... O.K. - no land speed records or anything but it's really fun! Like me, she'll stop and talk to squirrels and pet everyone's dogs so it takes a while to complete the socializing aspect of exercise! Anyway, she cooks each Monday night so she can see her kids and invited us to begin spending the evening with her family. It's been a great time!
In July, Robin and I went off with the girl scouts to Savannah for a long-awaited pilgrimage to the Juliette Gordon Lowe House. We had an outstanding time with our friends the Woodwards! We did a ghost tour and learned more about
In August, we were very bummed that 2 of our kids had to grow up and go to college. Callie and Mary Helen left for their adventures in education ... and we're very fortunate that they come back frequently for visits. MH came back for her birthday celebration with some of her friends from college. One of her Aunts made her a very special Barbie cake - we hated to cut into the dress, but the cake was yummy!
Cori and I were very excited to accompany MH and her Aunt Sylvia to Piedmont College to help her get settled in. Cori now is more focused on her school activities as college has a more tangible meaning for her than before. She's given up her choir and singing credits and is pursuing sciences - she's taking a forensics class at Grayson High this year and a physics class along with a higher math. What a smarty pants!
Robin has a full schedule with 2 Probe classes. As an elective, she's joined the Middle School orchestra and is learning the cello. She's decided to sit out one more year before attempting try-outs with the travelling basketball team from GAA sports and will play rec ball again this year.
David is involved in the high school curriculum at Heritage this year. Much more work than last year. I'm constantly amazed at how well he picks up on some of the "non-traditional" subjects - he's doing well in debate and picking up on Latin to add to his repetoire of language accomplishments.
We've been having mucho fun with Noah and Josiah Still, too. Robin is helping Josiah with some of his 4th grade academics. She's such a big middle schooler now ... Noah's attending classes at the Masters Academy again this year.
Wow- been busier than I thought. Gotta post these pictures, then I'll update some more on some recent happenings and more updated photos!


3 Comments:
Too busy to remember your password? Send it to me and I'll keep it in a safe place for you. :-)
Love ya, gal!
Miss you guys so very, very much!
Love ya!
Barb :-)
hi... How was your Christmas break? Miss you guys! Update your blog with pictures when you have a chance. Love ya!
Barb
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home